4 days left
- Full Time
This position is located in the Defense Media Activity (DMA), which is a Department of Defense (DoD) field activity reporting to the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs). The DMA is a worldwide media organization employing state-of-the-art and emerging multi-media production and distribution technologies and operates from multiple locations in the US and overseas and with deployed combat and contingency forces throughout the world.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
You may qualify at the GS-GS-13, if you fulfill the following qualifications:
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service:
- Specialized experience is defined as providing guidance to technical personnel involved in the development of the Performance Work Statement, Statement of Work, Statement of Objectives or data requirements; ensuring that the bid schedule is properly structured, preparing the solicitation, determining sources to be solicited; and performing contract management and administration, including negotiation and execution of supplemental agreements.
Basic Education ("Qualification") Requirements for the 1102 series:
A. Basic Education Requirements for GS-5 through GS-15/equivalent positions. The education requirements listed below
apply only to individuals entering DOD 1102 positions or contracting officer positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the SAT on or after October 1, 2000. (These education requirements also apply to contracting officer positions not classified in the 1102 series.
1. A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees, and
2. At least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (This requirement can be obtained within the bachelor's degree or in addition to the degree.)
3. Note: Graduate Education: To qualify for 1102 occupational series positions on the basis of graduate education, graduate education in one or a combination of the fields identified in IIA2 above is required.
B. Apply to "New Entrants" into DOD. Current Federal employees in any agency outside of DOD occupying a GS/equivalent-1102 position or contracting officer position with authority to award or administer contracts at or above the SAT must meet the educational requirements above prior to appointment to a GS/equivalent-1102 position or contracting position with authority to award or administer contracts above the SAT within DOD.
C. Grandfathering Provision. Current DOD personnel, in any occupational series, who has served on or before September 30, 2000 as follows, may be appointed to a GS/equivalent-1102 position or contracting officer position with authority to award or administer contracts above the SAT without meeting these educational requirements:
1. Served in a GS/equivalent-1102 position or contracting officer position with authority to award or administer contracts above the SAT in any Federal agency, or
2. Served as a military member in a comparable military occupational specialty.
D. Exceptions. These educational requirements do not apply to --
1. Employees in the contingency contracting force, and
2. Individuals appointed to a developmental position in a DOD approved Contracting Professional Developmental Program
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Work Schedule: Fulltime
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
Financial Disclosure: Required
Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible
Selective Service Requirement: Please visit http://www.sss.gov for more information.
For more information, please visit General Application Information and Definitions.
CRITICAL ACQUISITION POSITION (CAP). Selectee for this position will be required to sign a written agreement to remain, for a minimum of three years, in the federal service in this critical acquisition position.
ACQUISITION POSITION: This position requires Acquisition Workforce Level II. Certification prior to hiring is not essential but must be accomplished within 24 months after entry into this position.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Selectee or incumbent must be able to obtain the appropriate certification level for their position. This is a Financial Management Level 3 Certified position. IAW Public Law 112-81 and DoD Policy the incumbent shall comply with the requirements of DoD FM Certification program within the allotted timeframe.Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
The President has ordered a government-wide hiring freeze subject to certain limited exceptions. This position is subject to the hiring freeze. Although we are moving forward with the consideration of candidates, we will not make a selection for this vacancy announcement unless and until the position is no longer subject to the hiring freeze.