Cash Applications Specialist
Intelliteach is a global service provider that offers a full range of business process outsourcing for IT and accounting professionals within the legal industry. We offer complete coverage for any technology or support issues, and are able to create cost-effective methods in accounts receivables management.
We are currently seeking Cash Application Specialist to join our Washington DC team.
We are currently seeking Cash Application Specialist to join our team. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Keying of daily receipts (including wires, ACH and checks); ensuring that wire fees and other agreed write-off arrangements are completed on a timely to ensure accurate maintenance of AR balances.
- Develop, recommend, and implement cash application processes and procedures to address unapplied balances, including coordinating communications to resolve same.
- Facilitate communications with firm clients, attorneys, collectors, secretaries and external office personnel to resolve cash application related issues.
- Provide direction to improve cash applications policies and procedures.
- Maintain logs/listings of special client arrangements or Alternative Fee Arrangements (AFAs) including the firm’s “watch list” of expected cash receipts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Windows applications.
- Experience and knowledge of Accounting and Billing systems/software is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills and respect for others are a must.
- Must possess superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with attorneys, paralegals, secretaries and clients in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to manage and meet the expectations of attorneys, accounting personnel and clients.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced office, meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to evaluate situations, prioritize requests and responsibilities, and adapt as needed.
- Be able to multi-task and be detail-oriented.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, accounting or finance.
- Three (3) years of experience in the billing/credits function, or similar experience preferred.
- Experience and working knowledge of a large billing or accounting system.
The position is full time. Benefits offered with position include: medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, paid time off. Final candidates are required to pass background and credit checks. Intelliteach is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to workforce diversity.