Systems Adminiistrator III.SAP BASIS
Under limited supervision of the Supervisor, Business System Support manages the SAP environment which is hosted and administrated by a third party service provider. This includes configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis as well as scheduling and executing the SAP transport system. The Systems Administrator for SAP BASIS collaborates to resolve SAP transport and source code problems, responsible for the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of SAP systems. Additional areas include the evaluation and design of interfaces between SAP and external systems, maintenance of the SAP Data Dictionary and database objects, and manage the migration of SAP database and application configuration into production as well as analyze, develop, and maintain data architectures and process models within SAP. A key area of responsibility is the documentation and updating of the existing SAP environment and work with IT and business units to modernize the SAP environment.
- Responsible for the SAP architecture, design and configuration.
- SAP Hosting Technical Liaison – As main point of contact for hosted SAP operations, coordinates all basis and other configuration or maintenance activities performed by hosting partner. Must be able to work with hosting parties.
- Analyze EWA reports and follow the recommend changes as required.
- Server Administrator – Maintains the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, production).
- Security Administrator – Maintains and manages security architecture and supports authorization processes throughout the SAP landscape, this also includes Single Sign On and related services
- Print Operator - Responsible for the configuration of printers in SAP.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
- Analyze situations, identify systems solutions, and deliver problem resolution.
- Responsible for Performance Tuning – Memory Management, and Database Tuning.
- Work with the BSI tax solution.
- Work with the SAP change request management tool (ChaRM).
- Performs SAP System Measurement requirements (Sizing).
- Work closely with the functional & development teams.
- Provide recommendations to adjust systems or processes to prevent issue re-occurrence within the approved change management process.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Recommend any additional hardware or software needed for successful solution deployments, configuration, or maintenance.
- Possession of an associate’s degree in computer science or related field and six (6) years’ experience in direct user, network, enterprise application system administration and/or telecommunications support or possession of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and four (4) years’ experience in direct user, network, enterprise application system administration and/or telecommunications support or possession of a master’s degree in computer science or related field and two (2) years of experience in direct user, network, enterprise application system administration and/or telecommunications support and/or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and knowledge.
- Hands-on experience with SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 8, SAP NetWeaver Gateway, Adobe Document Services, Solution Manager 7.2, SAP Web Dispatcher, NetWeaver Business Client, Web and Mobile technologies.
- A comprehensive knowledge base that spans the following and that demonstrates in-depth and specialized knowledge in several areas:
- Middleware programs and tools that link applications with databases, operating systems, and network architecture and that enable applications to be interoperable across operating systems
- User authorizations
- Enterprise server, storage, and network security
- System administration and management of enterprise applications
- SAP certification preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in Linux, Windows and Oracle preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize, and conduct system administration operations using industry best practices.
- Ability to provide guidance and assistance to technical employees and review their work.
- Ability to assist and guide users in solving highly complex system problems.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into technical issues and technology products.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.