Golf Course Technicians
Under direction, the Golf Course/Turf Technician is responsible for agronomic maintenance and related duties necessary in maintaining a golf course. The Golf Course/Turf Technician operates motorized equipment and trucks on the golf course and other areas as well as performs routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance and construction. Qualified candidates must work well in an organized team setting, have a passion to work outdoors in various weather conditions and be available to work weekends and overtime when necessary. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Mows and maintains greens, tees, fairways, roughs and collars.
- Operates tractors, sand pros, and portable equipment with related implements.
- Operates, loads and unloads trucks.
- Operates trimming equipment for grass and trees.
- Excavates and back fills ditches and trenches with hand tools.
- Empties trash on golf course.
- Refills ball washers with soap and water on the golf course.
- Refills and replaces water coolers on the golf course.
- Shovels, rakes, and uses snow blower to remove impediments from the golf course and surrounding areas on the paths.
- Cleans up debris on golf course.
- Maintains proper operating fluid levels and cleanliness of equipment and reports mechanical or safety problems to the equipment mechanic.
- Trims trees, replace shrubs and other ornamental areas. Waters and fertilizes tees, greens, fairway, collars and rough as directed.
- Maintains professional interest in job and acts professionally,
- Participates in course setup.
- Repairs divots in greens, tees, collars, bunkers, and rough.
- Performs janitorial duties in cleaning and maintaining maintenance building and surrounding area, as well as fixes buildings on the golf course.