Assistant Dining Manager
The Assistant Service Manager(s) assists the Casual Dining Operations Manager in overseeing the Winter Center a la carte food and beverage operation. He/She is responsible for overseeing service staff in the daily execution of the operations. The Assistant Service Manager(s) will be highly visible to the club’s membership and will foster a strong sense of teamwork and adherence to professionalism and proper service standards amongst the staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
1. Follows department and Chevy Chase Club policies and procedures including, but not limited to parking, cell phone use and conduct on the floor. Acts ethically and honestly at all times and insures staff members follow same policies and procedures.
2. Adheres to all uniform, grooming & hygiene standards and maintains a professional appearance at all times.
3. Knowledgeable of all aspects of Food & Beverage department and daily Club operations including events and operating hours.
4. Arrives to work on time. When necessary, follows proper procedures for tardiness, calling out and requests off.
5. Assures the neatness and cleanliness of all Winter Center areas.
6. Holds pre function meetings with service staff to ensure smooth, efficient service; assigns server assignments and coordinates the accurate timing of meals with culinary team.
7. Follows verbiage standards when interacting with members and guests. Effectively communicates with management, culinary and peers.
8. Is attentive to members/guests and tries to anticipate their needs on a consistent basis. Takes pride in service.
9. Ensures that all side work and room setups are completed efficiently and up to standards.
10. Recite features, menu information and have the ability to answer questions at the table in a confident and professional manner.
11. Displays commitment to the Club by demonstrating initiative toward assigned tasks and willingness to learn.
12. Ability to motivate and lead staff during both slow and/or busy times.
13. Participates in any requested inventories and requisitions as requested and completes in a timely manner.
14. Effectively counsels staff on areas of improvement.
15. Responsible for creating and implementing staff training manuals and programs.
16. Responsible for initial and continual staff training of line level employees.
17. Performs scheduling and payroll.
18. Completes variance reports and other financial reports as requested. These reports to include weekly sales, check average, labor vs. sales, and year-to-date sales projections.
19. Responsible for coordinating efforts with Human Resources in the following: recruiting, hiring, orienting, evaluating, rewarding, discipline, terminating and any other employee related issues.
20. Responsible for maintaining proper safety standards, adherence to safety policies, and applicable Health Department regulations.
21. Responsible for point of sale system updates and programming
22. Places maintenance requests as needed for all Winter Center spaces, kitchen, office, and storage.
23. Keeps abreast of industry changes, trends, and products as it relates to casual dining operations.
24. Actively participates in weekly food and beverage, catering and committee meetings (when applicable).
25. Investigates and resolves complaints from members and staff.
26. Works effectively and efficiently with other club staff.
27. Follow all service standards on a consistent basis and be able to effectively communicate standards and expectations to peers.
28. Complete knowledge of all food menus including the preparation and presentation of those items.
29. Complete knowledge of all beverage and wine menus including the preparation and presentation of those items.
30. Responsible for all necessary tasks to complete a menu change
31. Demonstrate proper table side wine service.
32. Obtain food and beverage orders in an efficient and accurate manner. Communicates the orders with members/guests and, when necessary, other service staff. Communicates all special requests to expo/runners and/or culinary.
33. Knowledgeable of the Club’s point of sale system and uses it efficiently and accurately on a consistent basis.
34. Knowledgeable of all safety procedures and practices them consistently. Makes management aware of any safety issues.
35. Responsible for developing detailed plans and the successful execution of Winter Center special events.
36. Effectively communicates expectations and service goals to staff on a consistent basis
37. Assists in boosting team morale. Responsible for creating incentive programs and delegating tracking methods
38. Assist in developing and executing staff training sessions, new hire training shifts, and staff evaluations.
39. Mentors Intern(s)
40. Oversees service and overall appearance of front areas of the golf canteen.
41. Act as point of contact in the absence of the Casual Dining Operations Manager
42. Any other duties as assigned by Casual Dining Operations Manager, Food & Beverage Director, Assistant General Manager and General Manager.
Apply for Assistant Dining Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly