Configuration Management Specialist
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. Provides configuration management support to assigned projects.
- Ensures configuration identification by reviewing technical design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates.
- Knowledge of Unix, Windows and Mainframe systems
- Performs various baselines, tool validations, audits and documents results.
- Participates on CMMI CM workgroups
- Supports off-hour code deployment activities when required.
- Develops configuration and data management documentation based on requirements.
- Identifies requirements and coordinates the development and implementation of computer based configuration/data management systems, related support, and standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for data load, maintenance, configuration and support of the Configuration Management DataBase and Asset Management system on a Remedyforce platform.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 5-8 years of related configuration management experience.
- CMMI, Configuration Management, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Visio
- Experience with Configuration Management Databases perferred
- Working knowledge of GitHub, Pega, MKS Integrity, CA-Endevor a plus