Senior Program Analyst (Senior Country Representative for Southwest Asia)
A Unified Organization Working as One Team
If you would like to be a part of a Federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG). Our vision is to be a model oversight organization in the Federal Government by leading change, speaking truth, and promoting excellence a diverse organization, working together as one professional team and recognized as leaders in our field. The agency promotes integrity, accountability and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest.
As provided within Section 8L of the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended, the Lead IG is charged with comprehensive oversight, planning, and reporting responsibilities to include the publication of a Joint Strategic Oversight Plan for the designated overseas contingency operations (OCO) Operations Inherent Resolve (OIR) and Freedom's Sentinel (OFS).
- 25% or Greater
- Employees may be required to travel to contigency operation locations, such as Southwest Asia
Knowledge Requirements/Skills for Senior Program Analyst (Senior Country Representative for Southwest Asia) 0343 Series position:
- Expert knowledge of Federal Inspector General standard, policies and procedures to perform oversight duties related to OCO activities are required due to the responsibility for leading in-country oversight coordination efforts and serving as the primary conduit for receiving, analyzing, and disseminating factual and timely information as well as identifying Lead IG mission issues, topics, activities, and service requirements of interest to senior leaders and mission partners. The incumbent serves as the primary POC for responding to, and resolving, and issues or questions on oversight.
- Expertise in assimilating complex information of a multi-disciplinary nature into written analyses and summaries which effectively contribute to oversight and publication requirements of the Lead IG mission as defined within Section 8L of the IG Act.
- Direct experience successfully briefing and interacting with senior level military officials on matters related to audits, evaluations, and assessments.
- Direct experience serving in an OCO location or conducting oversight projects from CONUS which impact OCOs.
- Expertise in communicating complex and technical information orally and in writing.