Information Technology Specialist (Information Security)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) is looking for people who are passionate about what they do, and who thrive in a culture of innovation. They are elite, trusted professionals dedicated to protecting and defending the Nation in cyberspace. Using cutting-edge technologies, they operate and defend all Army networks. They are also part of a Joint Service and whole-of-government team working to ensure the security, reliability, and resiliency of cyberspace. ARCYBER fosters a culture of innovation where creativity and passion are encouraged and rewarded. As an IT Specialist (INFOSEC), you will coordinate on important issues that will have a significant impact on Cyber across the Department of the Army and the Department of Defense. If you enjoy a challenge and operating in a fast paced environment, then this is the position for you.
Currently, ARCYBER headquarters (HQs) is located at Fort Belvoir, Virginia and Fort Meade, Maryland. The HQs is scheduled to relocate to Fort Gordon (Augusta), Georgia near the end of 2019.
This is a permanent position.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- 25% or Greater
- 25% Business Travel to CONUS/OCONUS locations is required
- Moving expenses / Relocation incentive MAY be authorized subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Providing cyber response service to the Command; Working collaboratively with intelligence analysts to anticipate cyber activity and reduce response time; Assisting in the development of defense countermeasures, threat/vulnerability analysis and trending.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
AND individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendation.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
(1) Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance based on SSBI with eligibility for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
(2) This is a 24x7 position, and is subject to rotating shift work including nights, weekends and holidays.
(3) This position is a testing designated position (TDP) in accordance with (IAW) Drug Free Federal Workplace Program. As a precondition and continuing condition of employment, the incumbent of this position must, IAW Chapter 5, section II, paragraphs 5-8b and 5-8c(4) of AR 600-85 (The Army Substance Abuse Program) and DA PAM 600-85 (Army Substance Abuse Program Civilian Services), Chapter 3, paragraphs 3-2e and f, agree to submit to urinalysis testing on a recurring basis. The incumbent is required to sign a DA Form 5019 (Condition of Employment for Certain Positions Identified as Critical Under the DA, Drug Free Federal Workplace Program).
(4) This position requires the employee to obtain a commercial certification credential that has been accredited by the American National Standards Institute. As a condition of employment, the individual must possess or be able to obtain an Information Assurance Management Level I commercial certification, within 6 months of employment. Employee is required to satisfactorily complete the appropriate training and obtain the required certification/recertification for this position as outlined in DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.
(5) Incumbent must be willing to take and successfully pass a Counterintelligence Scope Polygraph (CI/Poly).
(6) This position is mission essential and employee will be required to report for duty, as necessary, in an emergency (regardless of holidays, weekends, nights and furloughs) or conditions such as weather in which non-essential personnel are not expected to report.
(7) Incumbent will be required to travel (CONUS/OCONUS), up to 25% of the time.