Visual Communications Specialist
Job Title: 27513 - Visual Communications Specialist - GS-14
Salary Range: $94,796 - $145,629
Vacancy Open Period: 04/15/2017 - 05/06/2017
Position Type: Cadre
Who May Apply: Internal and External Candidates
Division: IC IG/MA
Duty Location: Reston, VA
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
Travel Required: 0-25% Travel
Relocation Expenses: For new ODNI employees, reimbursement for relocation is discretionary based on availability of funds.
Job Interview Travel: Candidates from outside the Washington, D.C., area may be selected for a telephone, teleconference, or in-person interview. If selected for an in-person interview, any travel or lodging will be at the applicant's personal expense.
This is an opportunity for:
- An internal or external candidate to fill a GS-14 cadre position.
Current GS employees at the same grade or one grade lower than the advertised position grade may apply.
Former members of the Peace Corps may be considered for ODNI employment only if five full years have elapsed since separation from the Peace Corps.
- For a cadre assignment:
- Current ODNI cadre.
- Current ODNI Staff Reserve Employees. (A staff reserve employee who currently occupies this position may not apply.)
- Current Federal Government employees.
- Candidates outside the Federal Government.
- The ODNI uses a rank-in-person system in which rank is attached to the individual. A selected ODNI candidate or other Federal Government candidate will be assigned to the position at the employee's current GS grade and salary.
- For a selected non-Federal Government candidate, salary will be established within the salary range listed above, based on education and experience.
The Inspector General (IG) conducts, supervises, and coordinates inspections, audits, investigations, and reviews relating to the programs and operations over which the Director of National Intelligence has authority and responsibility.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Mandatory and Educational Requirements
- Demonstrated experience with branding strategy formulation and execution; print and digital visual communications production.
- Extensive knowledge of graphic design and photography including ADOBE Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Powerpoint and web content management design tools.
- Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative problem solving and analytical thinking skills to organize, clarify, and enhance alternative approaches to multimedia production products and develop highly effective graphic design solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of production processes from inception to delivery, project planning and management, graphic content research and development, coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders, standard operating procedures, technical standards and processes, digital file formats, printing and imaging facility capabilities, e-publishing process, and policy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently within a diverse, creative, and often fast-paced project team environment and to efficiently manage time, technical, and administrative resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability interact effectively with customers, senior management, technical staff, and project team members; ability to coach and mentor others; thorough knowledge and understanding of organization mission and structure.