Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The Center of Military mission is to accurately collect, preserve, interpret, and express the Army's history and material culture in order to educate and professionally develop our Army., the military profession and the Nation.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Not Required
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: (1) Planning and managing the research, writing, and approval process to prepare a variety of historical products; (2) Exercising supervisory duties to include developing performance standards, rendering appraisals and assigning work; (3) Coordinating military history education activities or military history programs; (4) Performing historical coverage of military involvement in combat and contingency operations; (5) Managing or participating in an oral history program.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Manage organizational History Program
- Manage Staff Support and Analysis Program
- Manage Research Collections and Library.
- Manage Field and International Program.
1. Degree in history, or related field that includes at least 18 semester hours in history.
2. Combination of education and experience-courses equivalent to a major in history; or a major in a related field and that included at least 18 semester hours in history, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- One year supervisory probationary period may be required.