Lead Sr IT Specialist (Security)
This position is located in the Chief Information Office Organization (CIO), Information Security & Privacy Organization of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in the areas of information security.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel is required.
- Relocation is authorized.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the Private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here click here.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (All IT Positions
(In addition to the minimum qualification requirements, IT positions must meet the below Basic Requirement):
You must have Information Technology (IT)-related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
• Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
• Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the CG/GS 14 designing and architecting a centralized incident response program. I have worked with external and internal stakeholders and managed the response to cyber security incidents to include data breaches, denial of service attacks, data leak incidents, policy violations, and sophisticated malware/APT (Advanced Persistent Threat) attacks.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
High Risk Position - Background Investigation (BI) required.
Public Trust - Background Investigation