IT Specialist (APPSW)
This position is located in the Defense Media Activity (DMA), which is a Department of Defense (DoD) field activity reporting to the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs). The DMA is a worldwide media organization employing state-of-the-art and emerging multi-media production and distribution technologies and operates from multiple locations in the US and overseas and with deployed combat and contingency forces throughout the world.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.
You may qualify at the GS-12 level, if you fulfill the following qualifications:
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service:
Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate
GS-5 through GS-15 (or equivalent): For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Work Schedule: Fulltime
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
Financial Disclosure: Not Required
Telework Eligibility: Situational telework may be authorized as required
Selective Service Requirement: Please visit http://www.sss.gov for more information.
For more information, please visit General Application Information and Definitions.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. Failure to obtain, or retain, a Secret security clearance may result in termination of employment.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test screening with periodic testing thereafter.
This position requires the incumbent to hold and maintain a IA Technical Level 2 (IAT II) certification, ADP Level II; under DoD 8570.01-M (IA Training and Workforce Management) and related implementing policies.
Duties of the position may/will require shifted work hours based on operational or mission requirements. Permanent change of shift may/will be at the determination of the second level supervision. The incumbent may also be on an "on-call" status on a rotational basis.
Required to carry a Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) cellular device.
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
The President has ordered a government-wide hiring freeze subject to certain limited exceptions. This position is subject to the hiring freeze. Although we are moving forward with the consideration of candidates, we will not make a selection for this vacancy announcement unless and until the position is no longer subject to the hiring freeze.