Information Technology Specialist
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
The Office of Inspector General (OIG) offers you the opportunity to become a part of one of the most challenging and important missions facing the country today. The OIG ensures that all DHS programs and operations are carried out in the most effective, efficient and economical manner by conducting independent audits, inspections and evaluations, and investigations. In our dynamic environment, you will work side with special agents, attorneys, auditors, program analysts and IT experts to deter, identify, and address fraud, abuse, mismanagement, and waste of taxpayer funds invested in homeland security.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel may be required for this position
Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition, applicants at the GS-12 grade level must possess one year of specialized experience at, or equivalent to, the GS-11 grade level. Specialized experience includes: Creating extract, transform, load, and enhancement objects to ingest structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data sources; Implementing, maintaining and optimizing data warehouses; and Gathering and implementing user requirements.
Applicants at the GS-13 grade level must possess one year of specialized experience at, or equivalent to, the GS-12 grade level. Specialized experience includes: Creating extract, transform, load, and enhancement objects to ingest structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data sources; Implementing, maintaining and optimizing data warehouses; and Gathering and implementing user requirements.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
The qualification requirements listed above must be met by 05/01/2017of this announcement.
Background investigation for a Secret Clearance as a condition of placement into this position is required.
Overnight Travel is Required
Completion of one year probationary period may be required.