- Full Time
Perform preventative, corrective maintenance, and new installations of all electrical systems. Review construction and small projects documents both internal and external to the hospital to ensure proper interface with existing systems. Instruct, guide and oversee electricians to ensure proper techniques and safety rules are followed to complete all work orders. Must possess a current valid Maryland Master Electrician license. Have experience working and troubleshooting high and low voltage equipment. Follow all electrical codes and guidelines as set forth in the current NEC. Perform required testing of all emergency generation equipment on and off-site facilities during off hours. Assist in managing the operability of our Uninterrupted Power Source (UPS) system. Interface with governing regulators to ensure all local, state and federal requirements are met when performing work on site or performing survey/audits. Monitor/check on vendor and contractor activities while performing work on or off hospital properties. Perform department annual training. Perform others department duties as required.
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required (if applicable):
Masters electrician license in Montgomery County or State of Maryland is required.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- 10 years experience as a journeyman electrician with electronics, motor control and operation, control wiring, electronic circuitry, High and low voltage equipment, emergency power generation, UPS system, basic computer skills, and mathematics.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, writes, speak and comprehend English.
- Has a good knowledge of codes and standards and equipment specifications
- Ability to organize tasks to ensure efficient maintenance, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of all critical and non-critical equipment and systems.
- Must be able to understand and manipulate systems computers
- Must be capable of reading, understanding, and interpreting blueprints.
- Weekend work and shift rotation may be required.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.