Electronic Equipment Technician I
Looking for a highly motivated and experienced fitness repair technician to conduct preventative maintenance and repair of fitness and gym equipment for multi-site fitness and community centers. Applicant should have experience in diagnosing, repairing and conducting preventative maintenance for a wide variety of fitness equipment. Ability to work independently and complete assigned work tasks. Applicant should have experience in performing electrical, mechanical, and software troubleshooting for diagnostic purposes. Applicant should have the ability to work well with public and be a team player and possess good communication skills. Other duties will include maintaining accurate records of scheduled maintenance and repairs and data entry of record-keeping. Some evening and weekend work required.Illustrative Duties
- Operates and maintains a County vehicle used in the performance of duties;
- Maintains an inventory of parts, supplies and materials, and requisitions replacements as needed;
- Records and documents all inspections, tests, and work performed;
- Responds to emergency service calls, both during and after regular working hours.
- Knowledge of the electronic and electromechanical principles and processes relevant to the work assigned;
- Ability to operate the required power and hand tools and test equipment;
- Ability to diagnose problems in electronic equipment and make repairs;
- Ability to read and work from equipment manuals, schematics, and drawings;
- Ability to participate in the training of new technicians;
- Ability to keep accurate records and to generate accurate reports;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and customers.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background investigation, a check of the Child Protective Services Registry and a driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Two years experience repairing fitness equipment.
- Training and/or certifications from major fitness vendors including Cybex, Precore, Startrac, and Life Fitness.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Employee must have ability to stand, kneel, squat, sit, and lie down; work on a variety of types of equipment from various positions; lift 50 pounds; move equipment using dolly and/or casters; and drive to centers around the county. Duties can be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.