Administrative Assistant V
- Full Time
Provides lead administrative support within Capital Facilities (CAP) business area of the Department of Public Works and Environmental Services (DPWES). Develops and monitors administrative procedures and protocols. Supervises the Administrative Assistant III positions within CAP and is responsible for training, performance evaluations, prioritizing workload, and coaching/mentoring. Develops and oversees maintenance of data and document management systems. Prepares, proofreads, edits, and provides quality control for all correspondence, contract award packages, board items, and other related documents to ensure completeness, accuracy, and proper formatting prior to submission to the County Executive's office, the Board of Supervisors, and other county agencies. Ensures quality customer service and ensures assignments are addressed timely and accurately. Ensures reception area is supported and/or covered during business hours. Answers general questions for the public and other county employees. Provides liaison support between CAP and the DPWES Director's office. Provides administrative support to the Deputy Director DPWES, Capital Facilities.Employment Standards
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to high school graduation and four years of experience providing administrative support in the assigned functional area(s).
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
The ideal candidates possesses the following:
- At least two years of supervisory experience or equivalent experience leading work related teams.
- Experience providing executive-level administrative support
- Experience preparing and reviewing executive-level documents
- Experience with the preparation and management of date sensitive documents i.e., tracking board items and contract awards
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with all levels of management
- Ability to build relationships, is self-motivated, self-directed, and organized.
- Experience resolving inquiries with citizens, customers, and County staff.
- Intermediate skills or higher in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Duties performed in a normal office environment. Ability to operate key board driven equipment and respond to citizen, customer, and consultant inquiries. Physical requirements can be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview. As part of the interview process a written exercise may be administered.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.