Administrative Assistant III
Provides administrative support to clinical staff engaged in clinical services delivery to include adult walk-in screenings, assessment and call center, diversion first and emergency services. Front desk duties include executing the CSB check-in and check-out procedures using the electronic health record (EHR); scheduling and reconciling clinical and medical appointments in the EHR based on approved protocol for notification; fielding phone and in-person inquiries made by the public, clients, and staff in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner and assessing for level of risk or emergency intervention; opening and closing program assignments in the EHR; updating financial and demographic information required in all client profiles in the EHR; cashiering; assisting clients who sign-up for a client portal into the EHR by offering instruction. Back office duties include verifying insurance coverage and explaining insurance benefits as requested by clients; monitoring, researching, arranging and conducting annual review/updates of the EHR record with clients to ensure information is accurate and fees are properly set. Other duties assigned may include assisting with events, scheduling Center meetings, arranging teleconference calls, advising facilities management, and accepting supplies from vendors. The hours for this position may vary from 8:00 a.m. 11:00 p.m. depending on coverage needs. Regularity of work shift will be the goal within each pay period. Emergency Services is open 24 hours/7 days a week - an extreme man-made or weather condition may necessitate or prevent the ending of a shift, but the employee will be appropriately compensated and accommodated in these rare events per Fairfax county personnel regulations. Position must protect individuals' confidentiality using existing state, local, and federal policies and procedures, and must maintain expertise in several databases related to the EHR, insurance verifications, and revenue cycle management, as well as Microsoft Office software.Illustrative Duties (The illustrative duties listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list. A complete list of position duties and unique physical requirements can be found in the position job description.)
General Financial Duties
- Uses spreadsheets or databases to organize information and produce standard reports;
- Prepares a variety of complex disbursement forms (e.g., check requests, travel forms, cash sheets, and journal entries) for routing and approval;
- May approve some disbursement forms;
- Compiles and maintains monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual totals, reports, and financial statements;
- Explains fiscal rules and procedures to employees to ensure uniform application.
- Sets up accounts through corporate systems;
- Reconciles ledgers;
- Prepares status reports;
- Gathers data for use by others in preparing budget;
- Prepares transfer vouchers and interfund billing;
- Monitors external accounts for discrepancies.
- Prepares wide variety of accounting forms;
- Reconciles daily receipts or accounts receivable/payable;
- Identifies discrepancies and makes corrections;
- Collects required documents;
- Prepares and authorizes expense vouchers and/or invoices within limited authorization levels.
- Verifies requests for goods and services against county contracts and funding sources;
- Orders goods or services and follows up/resolves discrepancies and ensures delivery;
- Authorizes requests for goods and services in corporate systems;
- Ensures appropriate routing and approval of purchase requests.
- Maintains calendar(s);
- Schedules meetings;
- Makes and cancels appointments;
- Schedules rooms for classes, meetings, conferences, etc.;
- Coordinates audiovisual, training equipment, refreshment requests;
- Set up schedules for internal administrative staff to insure that they are available to meet changing work needs.
- Composes routine correspondence on behalf of the executive/work unit head.
- Provides administrative support and implements procedures;
- May supervise others;
- Establishes/modifies and maintains a system for tracking the progress of work that is the responsibility of the executive/work unit head;
- Trains and orients new employees;
- Provides and explains relevant policies and procedures.
- Composes routine correspondence on behalf of the executive/work unit head.
- Schedule appointments;
- Explains departmental policy/procedure but does not interpret them;
- Responds to inquiries that require referencing a variety of sources and utilizing
- knowledge of the department/county operations.
- Keys/types complex documents (e.g., technical);
- Proofs spelling and grammar;
- Uses multiple software packages to prepare equations, statistics, tables and/or presentations;
- Compiles reports from edited drafts;
- Uses macros and templates developed by others.
- Performs data entry with some knowledge of department/work unit/program;
- Manipulates screens for additional entries;
- Generates routine reports;
- Creates simple spreadsheets;
- Maintains databases.
- Compiles routine factual/numerical reports using readily available information.
- Processes pay adjustments;
- Transmits on-line T&As;
- Regularly inputs routine Human Capital Management Enterprise Resource Planning system entries;
- Performs payroll functions (e.g., internal collection of time sheets, verify T&A entries, verify leave slips);
- Trains new employees on how to do on-line time.
- Prepares and verifies completeness/accuracy of forms/documents (e.g., personnel requisitions, PARS, PCFs);
- Provides basic new employee benefits information;
- Explains routine personnel policies and procedures;
- Gathers information (e.g., salary range, class specifications, and merit adjustments) from HR website or other county sources for supervisor/management;
- Instructs employees in proper completion of routine documents (e.g., insurance enrollment forms).
Knowledge of standard rules and interpretations within own functional area and a working knowledge of established methods and procedures used in related areas;
Significant nonstandard skill/knowledge is required involving production of an end product such as a report.
- Basic skills in the use of Microsoft Word.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic skills in the use of applicable Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Ability to write simple documents.
- Ability to process and integrate complex data.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both external and internal contacts.
- Ability to perform data entry into Purchasing/Logistics Enterprise Resource Planning systems and/or Financial Enterprise Resource Planning systems in at least three functions (e.g., create shells, accounts payable processing).
- Ability to perform routine Human Capital Management Enterprise Resource Planning system functions (e.g., process PARS, requisitions).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and be sensitive to political issues.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to high school graduation and two years of experience providing administrative support in the assigned functional area(s).
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check and a check of the Child Protective Services Registry to the satisfaction of the employer.
Experience in the use of Microsoft Office computer software, especially Word, Excel and Outlook. Working knowledge of Electronic Health Records and familiarity with HIPAA rules and regulations.
Ability to: travel to various CSB sites to attend meetings or preform work duties; maneuver through multi-floor buildings; bend/stretch; carry up to 25 pounds; to answer phones and use a keyboard driven equipment. Physical requirements can be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.