Office of Regional Center Operations
Exempt, Contingent II, 100%-Time, Pay Grade 1.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Education Coordinator for Southern Maryland Higher Education Center in the Office of Regional Center Operations. Reporting to the Assistant Director, Waldorf Center for Higher Education, the Education Coordinator provides academic and administrative support, community outreach, and full-service student advising for the purpose of creating a world-class student service environment and experience. Responsibilities of the Education Coordinator include the use of independent judgment to support and advise students on their educational pursuits while helping them to achieve their academic goals. The potential candidate must be open to working nights and weekends.
* Southern Maryland Higher Education Center in California, MD *
* Travel to the Waldorf Center is required. 1 or 2 days per week *
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Deliver full-service and world-class advising to students, including academic and financial guidance to students in and around the Southern Maryland area.
- Implement strategic outreach activities based on this information, and in line with the university's strategic growth initiatives.
- Provide support to Assistant Director in managing the on-site classrooms, testing center, computer lab, and other site facilities.
- Manage on-campus events, as well as participate in UMUC-sponsored events in the community.
- Utilize business intelligence and performance metrics to plan for desired outcomes.
- Occasional travel between local UMUC locations may be required
- Other job related duties as assigned
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Advising prospective and current students via telephone, e-mail and face-to-face meetings and providing timely and high quality service to all internal and external customers
- Conducting proactive outreach to students via telephone and e-mail
- Maintain and provide accurate information on academic progress, program requirements, policies, procedures and dates/deadlines
- Serve as liaison for UMUC with SMHEC management and maintain scheduling and program specific data for the site
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and one (1) year of experience providing quality customer service to students, customers or clients
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Self-motivated, organized, upbeat and outgoing with a desire to encourage others to succeed
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with non-traditional students and student recruitment and/or outreach is preferred
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.