Human Resource Manager
Human Resource Manager
Medical Care Development, Inc., (MCD) was founded in 1966 as a US-based not-for-profit established to assist the State of Maine to bring higher quality health care to its rural population. It now operates in more than ten states. In 1977 an international division, Medical Care Development International (MCDI), was founded with the belief that MCD’s successful approach to health systems development in the rural United States could be adapted to meet the needs of developing nations. A global non-profit organization, MCDI uses practical, evidence-based and high-impact approaches to strengthen health systems in developing countries. MCDI has worked to improve the health of vulnerable populations overseas through integrated, sustainable and locally-driven interventions. MCDI has implemented public health programs in over 40 countries aimed at targeting the world’s most vulnerable populations. It collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholders to improve health and save lives in the following areas: malaria control; maternal, neonatal and child health; water, sanitation and hygiene; tuberculosis; HIV/AIDS; and other communicable diseases.
MCD is currently looking for a Human Resource Manager to assume primary responsibility for the management of approximately 85 full-time staff employed in the United States and oversight and support of the human resource management staff overseas, where we employ about four hundred people working on our international projects. The Human Resources Manager (HRM), working under the guidance and supervision of MCD’s Chief Operating Officer, will be responsible for HR management functions including: updating and administering HR policies and policy compliance, recruitment and contracting of staff, on-boarding and deploying new staff, administering employee status changes, managing payroll and benefits, managing MCD’s e-HR system, administering personnel evaluations, performance improvement planning and compliance, professional development, discipline and terminations, and managing grievances and investigations of allegations of violations of HR policies. The HRM will be supported by an HR Officer and two Assistant HR Officers, and will coordinate closely with Chief Program Officers for the International and US Public Health Divisions.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Education: Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in HR management, business administration, or a related field; Master’s Degree advantageous
- Experience: At least ten years of experience in HR administration required; experience with international NGO’s preferred – experience with health sector NGO’s an advantage
- Experience administering payroll and benefits plans
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point); experience with e-HR systems advantageous
- Strong written and oral communications skills; strong inter-personal communications skills
- Strong work ethic, goal oriented, productive, and energetic
- Second language (French or Spanish)
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Open to others’ ideas and demonstrates a neutral position when dealing with combative issues
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt and respond to unanticipated competing demands
Essential Job Functions:
Some of the Human Resource Manager’s key responsibilities include:
- Management of compensation and benefit packages
- Review HR policies and update these policies on a regular basis
- Ensure compliance with labor laws, both in the US and overseas
- Develop professional development strategies and work with staff to produce individual professional development plans
- Manage the recruitment process, including the development of staffing plans
- Oversee record keeping and ensure that records are kept up to date
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD is an equal opportunity employer and deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment and collaboration.
Position: Senior level
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit:
- an updated CV,
- a cover letter, and
- a completed USAID Biodata Form (1420)
- a list of 3 references that we may contact
- your salary expectations
to email@example.com or mail to MCDI, 8401 Colesville Road, Suite 425, Silver Spring, MD 20910, attention HR by May 12, 2017.
Apply for Human Resource Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly