Enterprise Operations / Shift Lead - TS/SCI Required
- Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Provides work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as require
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.The Integrated Operations Shift Supervisor are responsible for directing the on-shift staff performing oversight and coordination of multi-source services providing for integrated operations. The real-time nature of this support demands an experienced manager with operational experience directing the performance of resources supporting mission critical operations.
- Provides leadership, management, & scheduling of shift operations across assigned service operations, integrated operations, and situational awareness work centers
- Provide Situational Awareness support to the Comm Mission Director to include updating reports, pass down documentations, master station logs, monitoring chat rooms and communicating ongoing impacts to service operations
- Supports the Government with situational awareness of world, national, or local events (e.g., natural disasters, civil unrest, low intensity conflicts, acts of terrorism) and correlates impacts to Enterprise operations Squadron managed and monitored systems
- Collaborates & coordinate with internal/external customers, agencies, and commercial service providers for situational awareness, planned maintenance activities, and incident/problem resolution purposes
- Provides operations oversite for network event management monitoring functions
- Support incident/problem management resolution activities to include technical exchange meetings, after actions reports, major incident response, daily service incidents, and escalation to the problem management team
- Integrate ITILv3 best practices into existing documentation, provide process improvement recommendations, and assist in maintaining governance documentation
- Support Quality Assurance analysis for incident management tickets and reports
- Provide Lockdown support as directed by the Comm Mission Director
- Create & analyst daily reports for service operations, incident management, event management, metrics, after actions, and other reports as directed
- Provide technical support and coordination for network incidents & maintenance activities
Must possess current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition, must attain the required ITIL Foundation v.3 Certification within sixty (60) days of Hire Date.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.