Assistant Accounting Manager
Manages the day to day accounting and financial reporting operations of the NRA Foundation’s Friends of NRA (FNRA) fundraising program.
- Reconciles and records financial data for FNRA volunteer committee event activity. Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of monthly event financial activity and related analytical review.
- Works cooperatively with FNRA Volunteer Fundraising staff to reconcile event financial activity from the event tracker system to financial statement reporting.
- Oversees performance of and ensures adequate control over FNRA accounts payable function, including verifying the proper preparation and authorization of check requests, possession of Form W-9s, and proper account and event coding. Reviews and verifies all FNRA disbursements in conjunction with cash availability reports and projections.
- Assist with management of FNRA-related month-end close processes, including supervision of various reconciliations and journal entries prepared by staff. Performs account analysis, monthly journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of inventory balances and works with FNRA Volunteer Fundraising staff to resolve any variances to the even tracker system.
- Generates monthly Restricted State Fund Balance and State Fund Endowment reports and reviews activity for accuracy and completeness. Prepares individual State Fund available balance and endowment reports as requested in preparation for State Fund Committee meetings.
- Assists with review and preparation of Foundation sales and use tax filings. Assists with inquiries received from sales tax jurisdictions.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates accounting staff in the accurate, timely completion of routine daily/monthly responsibilities. Prepares employee performance reviews in accordance with Human Resources policy.
- Assists in the preparation of FNRA-related year-end work-papers and reconciliations for annual audits with the external auditors, including reconciling the year-end physical inventory count to financial records.
- Assists in preparation of NRA Foundation Form 990 Schedule G, as pertains to FNRA and other special event activity.
- Stays current with not-for-profit accounting and disclosure issues. Assists with maintenance of NRA Foundation policies and procedures manual related to FNRA financial processes.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Extensive interaction with other NRA Foundation finance and FNRA Volunteer Fundraising personnel. High work volume is deadline sensitive. Strong time management skills are necessary. Minimal travel may be required. Overtime required at certain times during the year.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
B.S. in accounting and a minimum of five years nonprofit accounting experience. CPA or CPA candidate a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and organizational skills required. Self-starter, with ability to work both independently and as part of a team essential. Accuracy and attention to detail imperative. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and financial accounting systems required. Microsoft Dynamics SL experience beneficial, but not required.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.