Training Specialist I
5 days left
- Full Time
Job Description: Training Specialists at the Refugee Processing Center (RPC) perform critical tasks essential to maintaining operational success for vulnerable refugees around the globe. Training Specialists work daily with U.S. Department of State: Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM, Refugee Operations Management, and the Software Delivery Team as well as domestic and overseas stakeholders to support the overall mission of the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP). Participating in a collaborative environment, a willingness to learn and an ability to adapt to change quickly are essential to the position. Training Specialists are also expected to participate in the development of the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS) to advocate for user functional needs as well as to increase their professional development. (WRAPS is a web-based case management system and reporting tool that assists in managing refugee processing activities.) Responsibilities: The Training Specialist will perform the following tasks in support of Refugee Processing:
- Conduct the research necessary to develop and revise training courses. Collaborate with trainers at Resettlement Support Centers (RSCs) around the world Present training courses both in-person and through web-conferencesPrepare instructor materials (course outline, background material, and training aids). Prepare student materials (course manuals, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, and course critique forms). Train personnel by conducting formal classroom courses, workshops and seminars. Prepare reports and monitor training tasks in support of the goals of the Contractor Program Manager and the government sponsor(s) using standard training standards and software and hardware programs such as modeling and simulation and prototyping efforts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience providing training in international settings in challenging environments
- Experience creating training materials for a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong knowledge and previous international experience specifically with processing refugees.