Technical Writer/Editor I
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Description: Technical Writer/Editors at the Refugee Processing Center (RPC) perform critical tasks essential to maintaining operational success for vulnerable refugees around the globe. Technical Writer/Editors work daily with U.S. Department of State: Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM, Refugee Operations Management, and the Software Delivery Team as well as domestic and overseas stakeholders to support the overall mission of the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP). Participating in a collaborative environment, a willingness to learn and an ability to adapt to change quickly are essential to the position. Technical Writer/Editors are also expected to participate in the development of the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS) to advocate for user functional needs as well as to increase their professional development. (WRAPS is a web-based case management system and reporting tool that assists in managing refugee processing activities.) Responsibilities: The Technical Writer/Editor will perform the following tasks in support of Refugee Processing:
- Assist in writing and/or edit technical documents, including business proposals, reports, user manuals, briefings and presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements. Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and project management ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and regulations. Research and gather technical and background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables. Create Release Notes and User Guides for domestic and international stakeholdersConsult relevant information sources, including library resources, technical and financial documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience providing training in international settings in challenging environments
- Experience creating training materials for a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong knowledge and previous international experience specifically with processing refugees.