Sr Network Engineer - TS/SCI Req'd
- Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Maintain and configure approximately 30 controlled interface devices.
- Maintaining Web Security Appliance via Proxy scripts and updating/maintaining IP and URL blocks.
- Manage the membership of a security zone/interface, manage growth and the moving of hosts into or out of our zones.
- Maintains network performance on all Controlled Interface related devices by performing network monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems and escalating necessary issues and problems.
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance, and management of capacity resources for computers at the operation system and infrastructure level.
- Responsible for monitoring performance and system usage. Recommends software and hardware enhancements, diagnoses and corrects issues, defines and implements new services with the goal of achieving maximum server and equipment uptime and availability to the customer.
- Conducts systems analysis and supports development to keep systems current with changing technologies.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users. Perform administration of the network equipment to include routers, switches, and multiplexers.
- Support Configuration and Maintenance operational support for NetMS, Openview, CTPview. Validate configurations on devices within our scope.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination. #CJPOST#DPOST#ZRpost As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.