Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the US ARMY Intelligence and Security CMD, Mission Support CMD/ACofS, G6, Visual INFO DIV., Records and PUBL BR, Fort Belvoir, VA.
WARNING: DO NOT INCLUDE CLASSIFIED INFORMATION IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKET! Application packages that contain Classified information WILL NOT receive consideration for this position. Should you submit a resume or any other document as part of your application package and it is confirmed that any of the information is Classified, in addition to being found ineligible for consideration for this position, your Security Office will be notified to determine if any further action is warranted.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (excluding Army)
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Permanent Federal Employee eligible to be reappointed
- Veteran with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Disabled Veteran with a service-connected disability of more than 10%/less than 30%
- Applicant eligible for 10-Point Other veteran's rating or Derived Veterans' Preference
- Veteran eligible for 5-Point Preference
- U.S. Citizen
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
This is a Career Program (CP) Position 
- Occasional Travel
- TDY travel may be required 25% or less of the time.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: experience in coordinating, receiving, identifying, distributing and routing incoming and outgoing mail in accordance with set policies and procedures. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS/GG-08).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
ABILITY TO PROCESS AND DISTRIBUTE MAIL
ABILITY TO TRAIN
ABILITI TO SERVE AS A LEAD
ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE
NOTE: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency so long as it was at a level at least equivalent to the next lower grade in the series.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance based on a single scope background investigation (SSBI) with eligibility for sensitive compartmented information (SCI).
- In accordance with Change 3 to AR 600-85, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program, must successfully pass a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- Must be qualified to operate Government motor vehicles in accordance with current standards and guidelines, and must be able to obtain and maintain a valid state issued civilian driver's license.
- Must be able to handle and lift objects weighing up to 70 pounds with repeated walking, bending and climbing.
- Pre-employment physical is required for this position.
- TDY travel may be required 25% or less of the time.
- All INSCOM employees may be subject to extended TDY or worldwide deployments during crisis situations to perform mission essential functions as determined by management.