Recreation Assistant (Water Safety Instructor) NF-02
Location: Gaffney Fitness Center, Fort Meade, MD.
Gaffney Fitness Center provides state of the art cardiovascular equipment, free weights, and strength machines to meet patrons workout needs. Additional facilities include racquetball courts, saunas, an aerobics room, a combatives room, a 25 meter pool, and a spin room. Group fitness classes and personal training are also available.
About this Position: This position is responsible for the instruction of all levels of the learn-to-swim program, with students from age groups of infant through adults. Works with lifeguards to maintain a clean and safe pool environment.
Schedule: Applicants must be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
**THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL ALL VACANCIES ARE FILLED. IT MAY BE EXTENDED OR CLOSED PRIOR TO THE CURRENT CLOSING DATE. APPLICANTS WILL BE REFERRED TO THE SELECTING OFFICIAL AS VACANCIES OCCUR.**
**THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH 11 MAY 2017**
- Not Required
Work experience related to the duties described above and possession of the following certificates:
1- Water Safety Instructor Certification
2- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
3- First Aid Certification (Certificates issue by American Red Cross, Ellis @ Associates, Star Guard or other nationally recognized agencies are acceptable)
(Applicants who meet both the minimum qualifications and highly preferred criteria listed in the announcement will be referred first. Preference eligible candidates who do not meet this criteria will not be referred as best qualified.)
A copy of your certification is required at the time of application in order to receive consideration for this position.
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3.
3. Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
4. Physical requirement: must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
4. Successful completion of a health assessment is required.