Manager of Student Information Systems (SIS)
Manager of Student Information Systems (SIS)
Office of Analytics, Planning, and Technology
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Grade 3.5
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Manager of PeopleSoft Product Management. This individual will report to the Sr. Director, Delivery Assurance, and whose primary responsibility will be the life cycle management of UMUC's Student Information System (SIS). This individual will also be responsible for operations of legacy PeopleSoft (ERP) components. This individual must be comfortable working with matrix-managed organizations as well as UMUC's PMO on major project work. This individual will collaborate with decision makers throughout the university and will be capable of building mutually beneficial relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Provide coordination, support, and governance as it relates to PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and legacy ERP components;
- Lead onsite and offshore vendor team responsible for problem tirage, incident resolution, enhancement development and testing of Campus Solutions in a vendor supported SaaS environment;
- Serve as the interface between the business and technology teams to evaluate enhancement requests, assess feasibility, determine priorities and coordinate the path forward to meet evolving business needs;
- Ensure successful implementation, testing and configuration management activities in accordance with defined product life cycle for enhancements and defects.
- Serve as escalation point for all product service requests;
- Manage procurement activities and deliverables; coordinate with Vendor Management team; coordinate work with multiple vendor partners from inception to implementation. Ensure vendor partners complete work in accordance with agreed-upon timelines and SLAs; manage vendor partner hours and invoices;
- Guide product vendor team and provide direction on UMUC policies, procedures, standards (requirements templates and methodology);
- Work with business teams to continually refine product lifecycle processes;
- Collaborate with functional business owners to confirm product scope, enhancements and solutions meet business needs and deliver according to requirements;
- Institutionalize product communications and engagement model with stakeholders consistent with other UMUC processes
- Responsible for:
- Managing changes to production, including maintenance, updates, modifications, projects, fixes. All of which include decisions and coordinated approvals.
- Managing the resolution of operational incidents and problems, escalating or bringing in other UMUC teams and leadership when needed.
- Communicating with the various business executives on project status, product priorities, meetings, risks and operations status.. To include, facilitating regularly scheduled status meetings with business stakeholders and executive leadership; coordination between business and technology teams on operational issues;
- PeopleSoft Environment Management, to include coordinating, scheduling slots for refreshes in accordance with stakeholder requests.
- Perform other management duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing PeopleSoft operations.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of: strategic thinking, customer service, creative problem solving, time management, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and to handle multiple tasks: the ability to use independent judgment and to make informed decisions in a timely fashion; the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization; to formulate assessments and propose recommendations in an articulate fashion; support executive level execution of strategic priorities, and adapt to changes in a dynamic work environment.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.