Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
Office of Information Technology
Exempt, Regular, Full-time, Pay Grade 3.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) Office of Information Technology seeks a Sr Business Analyst to elicit, analyze, validate, document, and manage the real needs of the project stakeholders including customers and end users; to serve as the conduit between the customer community and the technical solution design and development team; to work collaboratively with administrative, academic, marketing and outreach partners to understand their business needs and process; and to translate findings to software requirements using both Agile and traditional software development methodologies.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead requirements elicitation, prioritization and documentation from stakeholders using various methods, such as user stories, interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, story boards, wire frames, brainstorming sessions, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios. Validate with stakeholders to ensure that requirements are written clearly and with enough detail to be both implementable by development and testable by quality assurance.
- Serve as a business liaison to communicate requirements to the development team and facilitate detailed requirement gathering with stakeholders during development lifecycle. Work with product owners to make necessary, just-in-time decisions around product implementation and priorities.
- Assist project management in release planning to ensure that stakeholder vision and priority is represented. Facilitate requirement traceability, categorization and management. Assist in planning and scoping inter-related projects for enterprise level initiatives.
- Work as a liaison among product owners in order to understand the structure, policies, data and operations of the organization. Responsible for maintaining a deep awareness of how the business operation works and helping the stakeholders identify problems early to generate creative solutions and ideas.
- Establish Business Analysis as a practice; develop best practice guide and templates to set a Solutions Design Standard. Provide technology insight or process consulting services to UMUC line of business. Perform business analyst lead tasks by mentoring other analysts and mapping out best practices, templates and training avenues for them.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant work experience in business analysis and requirements elicitation.
- Experience analyzing and mapping enterprise applications (proprietary, customized, and/or commercial).
- Experience documenting and managing requirements using multiple methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, etc.)
- Experience managing software implementations in an enterprise level environment, experience managing GAP analysis using process flows or other modeling tools/languages.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following; process design, problem solving, creative thinking, organizational skills, and efficient time management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated in positive interactions at varying levels of an enterprise (e.g. interns through upper level management).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in Higher Education and experience with system implementations, administration, and/or management of LMS, CRM and/or ERP.
- Experience with MS Office Suite to include MS Project, Visio, and PowerPoint platform.
- Skills in business analysis and process design, problem solving, creative thinking, organizational skills, and efficient time management.
- CBAP certification.
- Experience with tools like Enterprise Architect, Version One, or ServiceNow.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.