Water Resources Engineer
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is seeking a Water Resources Engineer for our Fairfax Water Resources Department. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join an exciting team of professionals. The position offers great potential for professional growth in a fantastic working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to water resource projects. Typical projects involve design build pursuits and assisting federal, state and local clients in completing water quality and quantity requirements, drainage design, floodplain management and other watershed planning projects.
- Conducts watershed and storm water management planning and design;
- Performs stream restoration and water quality studies;
- Performs roadway and drainage design, culvert and bridge hydraulics, scour analysis and floodplain analysis;
- Contributes technically on regulatory compliance reports and presentations;
- Act as a technical mentor to entry-level engineers;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelors degree in Civil, Environmental, or related field;
- Professional Engineer license;
- A minimum of 5 years of water resources engineering;
- Experience in watershed and storm water management, water quality sampling methods and protocols, surface hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, drainage, erosion and sediment control, and watershed/waterway modeling;
- Water modeling tools such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HEC-6, and ArcGIS.