Provides principal administrative support under minimal supervision in a professional environment, primarily to two individuals, and in some cases limited administrative support to the subordinate staff. Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the Division Director. Performs a variety of both complex and routine administrative duties requiring extensive working knowledge of the organization, programs, practices and procedures related to the function of the office. Responsibilities include extensive use of office automation equipment and applications, including word processing, graphics, pdf conversions and spreadsheet programs to produce complex technical and statistical documents and reports. Also utilizes email, conference room scheduling and other internal automated systems; maintains information systems and databases.
- Prepares accurate documents on a timely basis to include narrative, technical, or statistical reports from typed, automated or handwritten text. Uses appropriate software for creating, storing, retrieving, formatting and integrating documents and other data in accordance with prescribed format and procedures; may require chart preparation and graphics; responsible for correct spelling and grammar; reviews all materials prepared for Director's approval for accuracy and format.
- As instructed, maintains Director's calendar, coordinates travel arrangements and vouchers for Director and staff, coordinates appointments, arranges for meeting rooms, and escorts Director's visitors as needed. Responds to routine requests for information concerning office procedures, determines which requests should be referred to the Director, other appropriate staff member, or other offices.
- May prepare and sign routine, non-technical correspondence in own or Director's name. May scan and sort incoming mail and interoffice correspondence into priority categories; note items of interest based on current projects; may retrieve and attach background material before distributing.
- Maintains recurring internal reports, office equipment listings, correspondence controls, and other types of data as requested; establishes and maintains files as directed, follows up on pending matters to assure that schedules are met; maintains office supply inventory.
- Utilizes spreadsheet, graphics and database software programs; also maintains information systems and databases; may serve as technical resource for other staff members on software questions and issues. Operates standard office systems and equipment to include email, conference room scheduling and other internal automated systems, fax machines, copy machines and scanning equipment.
- Explains Director's requirements concerning office procedures to staff; coordinates personnel and administrative forms for the office and forwards for processing.
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the Director for such activities as conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, and informs supervisor on matters to be considered.
- Works with the MDA to prepare, submit and track purchase requisitions, change requests, various staffing and project lists, security compliance procedures and other memoranda.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with six or more years progressively responsible experience in word processing or administrative functions. Associates degree with minimum 4 years of progressively responsible experience or Bachelors with 2 years minimum experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle proprietary or sensitive information and to operate effectively under deadlines with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of employees.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of MS Office suite and similar software packages to include word processing and spreadsheet, graphics, pdf conversions and database applications; experience with other automated systems e.g. Microsoft Outlook, calendaring, conference room scheduling systems, search engines, and other internal automated systems.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Candidates are required to have an active TS clearance and recent SCI access (within the last 6 months)/current SSBI.