Sr Systems Administrator
Contract: Worldwide Systems Field Software Support
System: GCCS-A - FSA/JMAN
GCCS-A, Requirements / Skill Sets
- Conducts functional testing of Military Intelligence systems, and write and update system documentation, procedures and training materials.
- Analysis of user requirements and determine functional requirements to customize, maintain, and install ESXi/VMWare, Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Linux operating systems, software patching, and upgrading.
- Working knowledge of CISCO switches to include but not limited to requirement analysis, setting up trunkports, Access Control Lists (ACL), and Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN).
- Able to provide military users and maintainers with over-the-shoulder training.
- Responsible for functional testing and implementation of backup and disaster recovery of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Provides technical support, diagnoses, and resolves operating system problems.
- Provides technical support, diagnoses, and resolves network problems.
- Provides technical support to assist users with isolating problems, and participate in the development of system upgrades to meet client needs.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
- Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
- Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
- Codes applications and tests to software requirements.
- Responsible for backup and disaster recovery of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- As required, performs checks on applications and tools and resolves any errors to ensure availability.
- Experience with remote system administration software.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills and ability to work independently, with minimum direction; self-motivated and results-focused mindset are a must.
- Provides software sustainment and system readiness reporting data to customers and program management. Develop plans and schedules. Manage Security activities in specific areas as assigned.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Assist Information Assurance staff with all documentation required for accreditation and any other associated directives and regulations. Understands Information Assurance methodology and security principles.
- Perform Retina scans and implement information assurance security procedures and resolve findings.
- Performs post software installation upgrades and IAVA patching.
- Provide documentation and remediation for IA findings.
- Update IA required documentation to include; POAM and SVD.
Desirable system/application experience:
- GCCS-A baselines versions 3.1.x and 3.2.x.
- Hands-on experience with GCCS-A suite of systems to include but not limited to: ACT-E, IFS server stack, and P-MFWS hardware/system components is highly desirable.
- Maintaining virtual machine servers in a provided VMware Environment.
- Intelligence software applications such as ArcGIS suite, Multi-function Workstation, QueryTree, Distributed Integration Backbone (DIB) is highly desirable.
- JAVA and/or XML script creation.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification is required
- Required Security Environment Certification:
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Preferred Computing Environment (CE) Certification:
- Comptia Server +, or
- Comptia Linux +
- Preferred CE: Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), or
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)(Server) 70-642 or 70-643
*** All applicants must possess a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance. ***
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Military Experience is desired. Completion of U.S. Military Service NCO or Senior NCO Academy Course or Officer Basic or Advanced Course is desirable.
Minimum of 5-8 years of functional analyst experience on Military Intelligence (MI) systems.
Three additional years of applicable experience may be substituted for the degree.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.