Social Worker/Therapist for Special Education School
LCSW or LPC needed for high-school program serving students with emotional and behavioral disabilities.
The Pathways Schools is a nonpublic special education facility operating six small success-oriented educational and therapeutic programs in the Washington DC metropolitan area.
Each school integrates academic, therapeutic, and transition services for not more than 40 students in grades 6 through 12 with emotional and behavioral disabilities. The school provides a supportive, structured environment that concentrates on increasing the student’s realization of personal, behavioral, and academic goals.
The full-time, 10-month position includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Provide individual therapy to students in assigned caseload.
- Provide group therapy to meet individual student needs and program objectives.
- Participate in the admission, review, and dismissal process of The Pathways Schools by providing evaluative and diagnostic services as needed.
- Maintain student records of progress for each student in assigned caseload as required by the IEP process.
All responsibilities are met through consulting and collaborating with other agencies, schools, parents, community resources, and Pathways staff.
- Meets Maryland certification requirements as counselor or social worker. Master’s Degreed in school psychology, clinical psychology, counseling, or social work.
- LCSW, LCSW-C, or LPC preferred.
Two years of group, individual and/or family therapy experience with at least one year in a school or clinical setting providing services to children and/or adolescents with emotional and behavioral disorders
Check us out at www.pathwayschools.org
Apply for Social Worker/Therapist for Special Education School
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly