Administrative Associate, Policy & Research
The Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) is seeking an articulate, personable, and results-oriented Administrative Associate to join the Government Relations Department of our dynamic and growing non-profit national organization located in Washington, D.C. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position provides overall administrative support to the staff, volunteer council, and Chief Policy & Research Officer. The duties include frequent professional interaction with Congressional and Federal Agency staff and will often include facilitating Hill visits for organization officers and faculty. This position will report to the Chief Policy & Research Officer (CPRO) with supervision shared with the Director, Government Relations.
General responsibilities include:
- Working with the CPRO and Government Relations Department to ensure that PAEA’s internal and external operations are efficient in advancing the strategic directions of the association, including:
- Maintains CPRO and department calendars, schedules meetings
- Prepares agendas and meeting materials
- Records and files minutes of meetings
- Provides logistical support for volunteer committees (i.e. scheduling conference calls, minutes, etc.)
- Maintains department logs
- Prepares and processes reimbursement requests & monthly credit coding
- Coordinates logistics for all internal and external department meetings
- Manages department records
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Hill-related experience as an intern, staff, or fellow is not required, but will strengthen a candidate’s likelihood of success
- Related or transferrable experience, knowledge and skills
- An awareness of non-profit associations and general management principles
- An interest in health care milieu
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in the department’s work
- An ability to adapt to change
PAEA is the only national organization representing physician assistant educational programs in the United States. PAEA provides services for faculty at its member programs, as well as to applicants, students, and other stakeholders. The Association was founded in 1972 as the Association of Physician Assistant Programs. Member programs voted to adopt the current name in 2005. The Association currently employs approximately 30 full-time staff members.
Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To apply, please send your cover letter, including relevant experience and motivation for application, resume, salary requirement, and three references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please put "PAEA Advocacy Assistant" in the subject line of your email.