Administrative Associate, Professional & Organizational Development
Are you someone who is passionate about health care and education? The Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) is committed to transforming PA education and health care by leading and serving the PA educational community. As the national leader in PA education, the Association delivers a large array of educational resources, products, and services specifically designed to meet the emerging needs of PA programs. PAEA’s Professional and Organizational Development (POD) team is heavily involved in many of these products and services, and is seeking an administrative associate (AA) to join their team to support this work. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Administrative Associate, POD will handle a broad portfolio of activities from providing direct support to the Senior Director, Education Strategy to providing general administrative support to the team, as needed. The AA will work closely with the senior director and other members of the POD team to ensure work moves efficiently and effectively, serving as a key driver in advancing the team’s goals. In addition, the AA will provide administrative support and coordination for the Professional Services business unit, which provides consulting to developing and accredited PA programs.
The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and able to focus on a wide range of projects and assignments simultaneously. They will be able to handle the logistical requirements of being an AA, as well as think critically about how to advance the mission and priorities of the Association and dive in to special projects as needed. The AA will have experience either supporting a senior executive, or in a similarly fast paced and demanding environment driving forward time-sensitive critical projects. This position reports to the Senior Director, Education Strategy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prioritize demands of the Senior Director, Education Strategy
- Support and coordinate the Professional Services unit
- Work with the senior director and other team members to execute POD priorities
- Own and anticipate logistical needs of the POD team, taking proactive action to meet those needs
- Schedule calls and meetings with accuracy and efficiency, take notes, and ensure follow up as needed, including actionable items
- Coordinate and execute communications with internal and external stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, videoconferencing, database management), as well as mastery in basic office skills such as scheduling, accounting procedures, coordinating meetings, and adhering to office-specific processes
- Possess excellent judgment, the ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment, and superb communication and time management skills
- Self-starter, with the initiative to work independently without constant oversight
- Incredibly organized, with the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple responsibilities at once
- Strong writing and research skills, and the ability to succinctly summarize large quantities of information
- Interacts professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all times
PAEA is the only national organization representing physician assistant educational programs in the United States. PAEA provides services for faculty at its member programs, as well as to applicants, students, and other stakeholders. The Association was founded in 1972 as the Association of Physician Assistant Programs. Member programs voted to adopt the current name in 2005. The Association currently employs nearly 30 full-time staff members.
Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To apply, please send your cover letter, including relevant experience and motivation for application, resume, salary requirement, and three references with contact information to email@example.com. When applying, please put "PAEA POD Admin" in the subject line of your email.