Sr. Physician / Epidemiologist (Part Time)
We are a seeking dynamic individual for our Senior Physician / Epidemiologist position to support the Epidemiology and Analysis (E&A) section of the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Branch (AFHSB). This position is located at Silver Spring and we are seeking an individual who can work part time. The E&A Section at the AFHSB performs comprehensive surveillance and analysis of health related information regarding military Service members and military-associated populations. The section utilizes important health surveillance tools to include: the Defense Medical Surveillance System (DMSS), Defense Medical Epidemiology Database (DMED), and DoD Serum Repository (DoDSR). The E&A Section incorporates expertise in data-analytic techniques and scientific methods required to address the wide range of requests it receives. The E&A Section conducts analyses of baseline rates and trends on health-related conditions among the four Service branches of the Armed Forces and the U.S. Coast Guard. Examples of health analyses and reports conducted by E&A are: health status surveillance of U.S. service members prior to and after deployment; vaccine safety; immunization rates; acute respiratory diseases; and sero-epidemiologic surveillance in support of clinical care. The Senior Medical Consultant will:
- Assist the Medical Surveillance Monthly Report (MSMR) staff in planning, designing, analyzing and reporting of disease and injury trends within the Department of Defense (DOD).Recommend militarily relevant topics for analyses and reports suitable for publication in the MSMRConduct scientific review of manuscripts submitted for publication in the MSMRProduce reports and surveillance summaries for publication in the MSMR
- Assist in ensuring quality and timeliness of the MSMR publication
- MD, DO with expertise in Preventive Medicine or Occupational Medicine and training in Epidemiology (for example, MPH, MS in Epidemiology) and;
- Prior military service or prior experience working with military or veteran populations.
- Must be a US Citizen
- 10-15 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.