BI MicroStrategy Architect
Seeking a BI report developer/architect to support the design; development; maintenance and provide operational and end-user support for the Department of Health and Human Services Part-D Medicare Program. Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, tests, documents, maintains and enhances healthcare reporting solutions to meet a wide range of business and system requirements.
- Exercises positive interpersonal communication skills and works independently or with a small team on all phases of software development lifecycle.
- Investigates and corrects software defects and analyzes and maintains data quality.
- Prepares comprehensive documentation; and ensures timely completion of assigned work.
- Performs ad-hoc data research and analysis and provides written summaries of results for non-technical business users.
- Independently designs reporting solution and actively participate in requirements gathering.
- 5+ years of development experience using Microstrategy commercial BI solution tools.
- 5+ years experience with MicroSrategy Grid Reports; Dashboards; VLDB settings; project architecture and design.
- 5+ SQL development experience including performance tuning; on multiple DBMS platforms (preferably including Teradata).
- Experience with Data mining; advanced analytics and predictive analysis is a plus.
- 1+ year experience or recent training in a formal development lifecycle methodology (e.g.; RUP; Agile; Waterfall; or other ' preferably within an organization having obtained CMMI ML3 or higher).
- Experience developing healthcare IT solutions and Healthcare Claims business knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Teradata experience is desired.
- PMML or Statistical Analysis experience is a plus.
- 1+ years of experience in SharePoint is preferred.
- Experience developing application code that addresses business and system requirements in adherence to coding standards and best practices within a formal software development lifecycle methodology.
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare claims processing and reporting strongly preferred.