Lead Architect for a major Navy business enterprise network operation. Responsible for design and development of enterprise architecture upgrades to maintain compliance with DOD policies and procedures.
- Works with customers to define key capabilities and performance requirements
- Develops technical roadmaps for future implementations.
- Develops business case analysis on potential projects.
- Ensures security is integrated into all architecture solutions.
- Acts as a subject-matter expert for multiple areas including; system engineering process, IA, Cyber Security, and configuration management.
- Leads planning for implementation of system additions and/or enhancements. Makes recommendations to program leadership and stakeholders.
- Evaluates new application, infrastructure and cloud decisions in existing context of applications, infrastructure, standards, current business strategy and future business strategy
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced IT staff and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with senior clients, participating in meetings to ensure customer needs are met.
- Responsible for review and development of COOP and disaster recovery capabilities
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.