Regulatory Health Project Manager (TERM)
1 day left
- Full Time
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of Pharmaceutical Quality(OPQ), Office of Program and Regulatory Operations (OPRO), in Silver Spring, MD.
This TERM appointment does not provide a permanent career-conditional appointment or reemployment right to a previous permanent appointment held. TERM appointments do not provide status in the competitive service.
NOTE: The agency has the option of extending a term appointment up to the 4-year limit.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Not Required
Basic Requirements for GS-0601- Regulatory Health Project Manager:
Have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with a major study in an academic field related to health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement for Regulatory Project Health Manager, GS-0601-12/13 you must meet the following:
For the GS-12 Grade level: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service, formulating and managing regulated product research and review projects; applying project management principles in planning and organizing concurrent activities and anticipating barriers and obstacles; providing oral and written briefings and recommendations regarding scientific projects.
For the GS-13 Grade level: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service evaluating and reviewing technical or procedural data; utilizing project management practices and tools to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects, evaluating scientific and technical data for efficacy and safety; recommending methods for performing data analysis or conducting multi-disciplinary administrative activities, and for delivering presentations to various audiences on scientific or technical data.
If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. Pre-employment physical required: No
5. Drug testing required: No
6. License required: No
7. Mobility agreement required: No
8. Moving expenses authorized: No
9.Relocation Incentive authorized: May be authorized
10. Recruitment Incentive authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: May be authorized
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
13. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
14. Financial disclosure statement required: No