Protective Service Specialist, GS-1801-12/13 "P" (Open to All U.S. Citizens) HK
This position is located in the Department of Transportation, Office of the Secretary (OST), Office of Intelligence, Security and Emergency Response (OISER), Protective Services Division (PSD). OISER provides Departmental executive leadership in government wide initiatives pertaining to homeland security, physical security, emergency response programs, protective service operations, personnel and document security, Continuity of the Presidency (COP), Continuity of Operations (COOP), and Continuity of Government (COG).
IDEAL CANDIDATE: The Office of Intelligence, Security and Emergency Response, Protective Services Division is seeking a seasoned professional who is self-reliant and motivated in providing investigative, intelligence, and protective services for the Secretary of Transportation. This position is located in the DOT building, which sits directly across the street from the metro and blocks away from the National's Baseball stadium.
- 50% or Greater
- Position may require extensive travel (domestic and international) and overtime work; including nights, weekends and holidays.
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
FOR THE GS-12, to qualify on Experience, you must have one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience using standard methods and techniques in the management and conduct of law enforcement and/or protective service operations involving the protection of senior officials and facilities from espionage, sabotage, theft, assault, terrorist actions, and other criminal activity.
- Experience using a range of security concepts, principles, and practices to independently review, analyze, and resolve security problems.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- DRUG TEST: This position has been determined to be a critical safety/security position as defined in the Department of Transportation (DOT) Order, DOT 3910.1D entitled "Drug and Alcohol-Free Departmental Workplace." Therefore, if selected for the position you will be required to submit to a pre-employment/pre-appointment drug test, you will also be subject to Random Drug Testing.
- CLEARANCE LEVEL: Must qualify and maintain a Top Secret/ SCI & NATO Level Clearance.
- FIREARMS: Must qualify and maintain proficiency in the use of firearms.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
- must have successfully completed an accredited basic law enforcement training program (civilian or military);
- must have at least one year of previous law enforcement experience, and
- must not have been convicted of a felony and/or crime of domestic violence as defined in Title 18, USC 922(g)(9) Lautenberg Amendment.