Senior Program Assistant - Computer Science and Telecommunications Board
5 days left
- Full Time
The Computer Science and Telecommunications Board (CSTB) convenes the nation’s foremost computer science, telecommunications, and information technology experts. They provide authoritative advice to the nation on technical and public policy aspects of IT and its social and economic implications, on sustaining leadership in IT innovation, and on using IT in desirable and beneficial ways. CSTB’s products include workshops, other public meetings, and influential and widely read reports. Findings and recommendations from CSTB’s reports are conveyed in briefings to Congress, to federal agencies and the administration, and to the press and the public. CSTB is a part of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, an independent 503(c) nonprofit organization chartered by Congress to provide objective and unbiased advice to the nation on science, technology, and policy issues.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Program Assistant performs complex clerical and administrative duties for assigned program(s) or project(s) under minimal supervision. Coordinates logistical and administrative aspects of meetings. Writes, edits, and formats routine correspondence. Interfaces with committee members and performs duties involving committee activities. Plans administrative aspects of unit and committee, forum, and other types of meeting. May participate in research efforts including collection, assembly, and tabulation of data, as well as researching and summarizing literature. May guide work of program assistants and temporary staff. Uses pre-determined guidelines to assist in decision-making. May lead and provide functional guidance to lower level support employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Coordinates logistical arrangements for committee meetings, forums, workshops, web meetings, etc. Assembles and reproduces agenda books and briefing materials. Provides administrative support for meetings. Coordinates travel and lodging arrangements. Selects menu and arranges for support services. Registers attendees. Provides assistance at meetings and resolves issues.
2. Prepares vouchers and reviews and processes travel expense reports in compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
3. Updates applicable databases and systems on a timely basis and ensures documents and files are accurately maintained and archived. Maintains email and distribution lists.
4. Responds to inquiries and follows-up on communications. Communicates with members, sponsors, or other external customers, answering questions and providing information.
5. Performs administrative-related Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) compliance tasks.
6. Inputs edits and proofreads reports. Formats text and publications. Coordinates with printers/publishers to have materials printed.
7. Performs basic research activities, including literature searches for staff and committee members. Gathers references. May participate in other research efforts including collection, assembly, and tabulation of data and summarizing literature.
8. Performs routine and complex clerical and administrative tasks including word processing, copying, faxing, filing, answering and screening calls, writing and editing correspondence, and compiling and coordinating mailings. Creates, maintains, and updates records, databases, and files.
9. Attends meetings, training classes, and workshops.
10. Mentors and trains new support staff.
11. Where applicable, updates and maintains web pages.
12 Related duties and special projects as assigned.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to plan and support extensive meeting activities. Ability to solve problems with supervisory consultation or by following procedures. Ability to prioritize work and the flexibility to change directions as the job dictates. Ability to work successfully in a team environment. Ability to develop relationships with co-workers and employees in other National Academies’ departments through effective communication. Good communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees.
If you already have an account created with the Academies, to apply to this position, click “Add to my Jobs” with your login information. If this is your first time applying with the Academies, please click “Apply for this position” below.