Principal Integration Engineer, Systems (TS SCI Poly)
GDIT is seeking a Systems Software Integration Engineer to support a large Identity and Access Management (IdAM) contract. The Integration Engineer is responsible for technical definition, implementation, and integration of enterprise Identity and Access Management services. These services provide authentication and authorization capabilities to users and applications throughout the enterprise. The service capabilities include coarse grained gateways, token issuance/verification, and policy evaluation. The developed services are a mix of 3rd party software products, customizations, and custom developed code which must run in as a highly available system. This position will have a special focus on operations and maintenance of existing Certificate Authorities (CA) and associated custom middle applications.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Collaboration with internal/external stakeholders to identify and define requirements
- Design, integrate, document and maintain CA and PKI services based on 3rd party software products using Agile development approaches and methodologies
- Provide support to the deployment and operations of CA and PKI capabilities and services
- Support and mentor junior team members
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Certificate Authority (CA) Operations and Maintenance
- Experience with Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
- Hands on work experience implementing and maintaining PKI solutions for enterprise systems including Certificate Authorities and custom middleware
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with Linux System Administration (command line)
- Experience deploying and configuring Oracle IdAM software including: Oracle Access Manager (OAM), Oracle Application Gateway (OAG) and Oracle Entitlements Server (OES)
- Knowledge and practical experience with developing and integrating Identity and Access Management technologies including: PKI, LDAP, SAML, OAuth, API Gateways, and XACML
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) architecture and capabilities
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Experience with developing modules for Puppet
- Developing Java applications for WebLogic and Tomcat environments a plus
- Relevant Information Systems security certification such as Security+ and CISSP desired but not required
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.