Industry & Company
Alphatec PC is a fully integrated architectural and engineering firm specializing in design and planning for public-sector and private-sector clientele. Our group of architects, engineers, and administrative professionals have built an award winning portfolio with strong commitment to energy efficient and environmentally responsible facilities as well as receiving the Architect of the Year Award in 2013, 2015, and 2016 by the Associated General Contractors of Metro DC. With an emphasis on technical ability, Alphatec PC provides a blend of projects ranging from government institutions to higher education facilities. Highly specialized applications include biomedical laboratories, R&D laboratories, power plants, campus infrastructure, and environmentally controlled prototypical aviation hangars.
Why choose Alphatec PC? You will be a core member of the Alphatec PC mechanical engineering effort, at our Dupont Circle location, working under the direction of Alphatec’s Department of Engineering leadership. You will play a critical role in the design development of projects and be a driving force behind operational flow and submission deliverables.
- HVAC design for facilities, with an emphasis on mission critical facilities, including data centers, laboratories and command/control centers
- Must be able to lead teams on multiple projects, provide adequate management, technical leadership and support to team members, and verify that all work is completed as planned and scheduled
- Oversee the design activities of junior engineers and designers to ensure quality controls and project criteria are met and within budget
- Serve as a project manager and/or lead engineer on engineering related projects
- Prepare presentation materials, calculations, construction documents, specifications, design analysis, and completion of projects
- Load calculations, ventilation calculations, and proper documentation demonstrating ASHRAE 90.1 and ASHRAE 62.1 compliant HVAC design
- Energy modeling comparing the proposed building design to the ASHRAE baseline building
- LEED Online submissions and documentation
- Prepare cost estimates for fee proposals
- Equipment selection
- Follow-on procedures; As-Builts and shop drawings
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and/or MSME
- PE license required
- Five to twelve years experience in the design of HVAC systems
- Proficiency in AUTODESK Building Design Suite & BIM
- CEM, LEED GA or LEED AP BD+C preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills required to undertake multiple projects
- US citizenship and valid driver's license for government clearance
- Experience in all project phases (design, CD’s & follow-on) is preferred for institutional & commercial projects
- Health/Vision/Dental, Life insurance, STD/LTD package, 401(k), paid vacation/sick-leave package.
Applicants will be tested at time of interview as to CAD/BIM proficiency.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and look forward to sharing our team with you.
Send resume to: email@example.com, or Fax (202)797-5003
Apply for MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly