Sr Engineer, Systems (TS SCI Poly)
GDIT is seeking a Linux Integration Engineer to support a large Identity and Access Management (IdAM) contract. The candidate will have experience with Linux and technical troubleshooting supporting an operations team. The operations team is responsible for supporting break-fix, sustainment, continuous monitoring, and PKI enablement functions. The candidate should have a basic understanding of PKI/PKE.
This position requires off hours/on call support for one week every two to three months.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Customer service skills
- Linux management through the command line and use of command line text editor (Example: VIM)
- Linux patching methods and procedures (Especially Red Hat)
- Experience using a ticket management system (Example: JIRA, Remedy, HP Service Manager)
- Understanding of troubleshooting techniques and system maintenance methods
- Principals of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Public Key Enabling (PKE)
- Principals of application integration
- Basic understanding of ports and protocols
- Revising technical operational documentation (Example: End points, resource changing, IdAM provisioning tools, etc.)
- Principals of the Apache web server
- Principals of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Principals of the Tomcat web server
- Principals of the Weblogic web server
- Principals of Web API's (For example: REST)
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.