Sr Principal DevOps Engineer, Systems (TS SCI Poly)
GDIT is seeking a Senior Systems/DevOps Engineer to support a large Identity and Access Management (IdAM) contract. The Systems Engineer is responsible for
engineering, operating and maintaining Puppet, Gitlab, and Jenkins servers. Developing puppet modules to automate deployments and enforce configurations.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
- 5+ years' experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration (versions 5, 6)
- Experience with Puppet:
- Module development
- Puppet roles and profiles
- Experience with Gitlab
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Management of EC2 instances
- Experience with working in Agile (Scrum) environment
- Experience with PKI
- Trust chains
- Trust stores
- Experience with Nagios
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.