PLUMBING / FIRE PROTECTION
Industry & Company
Alphatec PC is a fully integrated architectural and engineering firm specializing in design and planning for public-sector and private-sector clientele. Our group of architects, engineers, and administrative professionals have built an award winning portfolio with strong commitment to energy efficient and environmentally responsible facilities as well as receiving the Architect of the Year Award in 2013, 2015, and 2016 by the Associated General Contractors of Metro DC. With an emphasis on technical ability, Alphatec PC provides a blend of projects ranging from government institutions to higher education facilities. Highly specialized applications include biomedical laboratories, R&D laboratories, power plants, campus infrastructure, and environmentally controlled prototypical aviation hangars.
Why choose Alphatec PC? You will be a core member of the Alphatec PC plumbing and fire protection engineering effort, at our Dupont Circle location, working under the direction of Alphatec’s Department of Engineering leadership. You will play a critical role in the design development of projects and be a driving force behind operational flow and submission deliverables.
- Design domestic cold water, water treatment, sanitary drainage and ventilation, storm drainage, pumping, natural gas, medical and laboratory plumbing systems
- Design fire protection systems and layout
- Prepare basic deliverables and drawing production such as presentation materials, calculations, construction documents, specifications, design analysis, and completion of projects
- LEED Online submissions and documentation
- Cost estimates
- Equipment selection
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate, under the direction of the lead Engineer/Project Manager and project leadership
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or CIP
- PE license required, Washington D.C. preferred
- Five to twelve years experience in the design of plumbing systems
- Proficiency in AUTODESK Building Design Suite & BIM
- LEED GA or LEED AP BD+C preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills required to undertake multiple projects
- US citizenship and valid driver's license required for government clearance
- Experience in all project phases (design, CD’s & follow-on) is preferred for institutional & commercial projects
- Health/Vision/Dental, Life insurance, STD/LTD package, 401(k), paid vacation/sick-leave package.
Applicants will be tested at time of interview as to CAD/BIM proficiency.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and look forward to sharing our team with you.
Send resume to: email@example.com, or Fax (202)797-5003