- Full Time
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17226.North America Sales, Network Services
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 30%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 5 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
The Sales Director position is responsible for identifying, developing and managing new and on-going business opportunities for commercial satellite, fiber and digital services in the assigned sales territory while understanding the existing sales strategy for the unit. The acquisition of new accounts represents a significant proportion of this position's duties. This role includes sales management of customers with various levels of revenue opportunities and different market segments. This person is responsible for a significant percentage of the region's assigned sales quota.
- Responsible for the development of sales initiatives and revenue for an assigned market sector given defined strategic initiatives. Works with assigned accounts to provide product solutions, develop new business, and maintain positive ongoing relationships.
- Identify and qualify new customers and new opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and strengthen a sustainable relationship with assigned customers, taking proactive action via customer visits and verbal/written communication in order to address customer concerns, encourage timely renewals of services and promote upsell opportunities when available.
- Act as a primary contact for assigned customers and liaise with other Intelsat departments as required to facilitate and support the generation of revenue through the assigned customer base.
- Provision existing and potential customers with sales proposals, marketing literature and up-to-date service and facility information in a clear, concise, comprehensive and timely manner.
- Maintain a thorough and complete knowledge of Intelsat's services and new product offerings.
- Assist the Managing Sales Director in developing and implementing sales-driven actions, including a Sales and Revenue Plan, to meet or exceed the sales group's objectives, including current revenue and backlog goals.
- Provide detailed tracking and status information for each sales opportunity in SFDC (or other similar tools) and other management reports.
- Identify and coordinate any technical assistance to facilitate the establishment of capacity requirements for customer base.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities,
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree (or an equivalent combination of education and work experience) with at least two years of experience in sales, preferably in the satellite communications or telecommunications industries.
- Experience with and/or exposure to the satellite telecommunications industry highly preferred.
- Experience with and/or exposure to the telecom sector and mobile industry highly preferred.
- Specific experience in selling high-value, high-revenue, complex sales to a wide range of customers from technical representatives to management level preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment across national borders is required, along with the ability to translate customer needs and requirements into sales opportunities for the company.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and stay cool under pressure in difficult situations and during complex negotiations.
- Must be willing and able to take responsibility and initiative for sales-related activities in order to meet assigned goals and quota, with the ability to influence and persuade others in support of completing sales.
- Must have a proven ability to manage multiple tasks in multiple disciplines, with well-developed organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal and networking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required.
- Must have demonstrated skill in making effective presentations and working with both technical and non-technical support staff to provide accurate and useful information to customers in a timely manner.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to support the full life-cycle of each sale, supporting each step from strategic planning to implementation/booking to relationship management over the life of the contract.
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Relationship Management
- Strategic Agility
- Customer Focus
- Results and action-oriented
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.