Senior Principal Product Manager
- Full Time
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17142.Broadband Services
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 20%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
You may not know our name, but every day we touch your lives. When you swipe your credit card to make a purchase, watch a television show, connect on your phone or computer in remote locations, at sea or in the air - chances are that action is supported by our satellite backbone. When you join our product management team, you will be developing services for the most powerful companies in the world, in a culturally diverse organization that values creativity and innovation, and rewards its employees based on individual performance. While we have done this for over 50 years, we embrace reinventing ourselves. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As a leading contributor, you will develop and communicate the mobile network solutions roadmap. This position will drive the adoption of Intelsat's suite of mobile network solutions, from initial launch to sunset. You will facilitate on-going product and service development through research and collaboration, across industry verticals. This individual will adapt solutions with new features/functionality, business models, etc. as needed to increase market penetration, accelerating adoption by new and existing customers. This candidate will work closely with Sales, Innovation, Product Marketing, Engineering, and Finance team members.
- Develop Intelsat's mobile network product and service plans and roadmaps across verticals, for the 0-3 year timeframe, in alignment with corporate strategy.
- Understand market trends and partner with other organizations to rapidly develop Intelsat's evolving role in the mobile network space.
- Act as a liaison both internally and externally, to evaluate and drive the development of new features and functionality.
- Ensure that mobile network requirements are provided as input to Intelsat's overall fleet update strategy.
- Methodically document product development through value proposition evaluation, building use cases, and trend analysis that support strategic business plans.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) and establish working relationships with cross-functional teams throughout the company.
- Provide leadership and coaching to all junior team members and colleagues.
- Work with Innovation team, Engineering, IT, CSEs, and other internal organizations to ensure that development is on time and within specifications.
- Coordinate with Sales and other teams to ensure successful launch through first customer applications.
- Support the development of key vendor relationships.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree
- At least ten years of product management/product development experience
- At least ten years of experience in the mobile operator space, particularly driving adoption in new markets or introducing new products to existing markets.
- Proven success with all phases of product development from new product ideation through product launch.
- Good understanding of fiber, microwave, and satellite as transmission mechanisms, with satellite experience preferred.
- Experience in a B2B services environment, preferably with international exposure.
- Experience developing business cases and securing internal support.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain and influence customer working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required, along with the ability to make effective presentations across diverse audiences. Prior experience writing collateral preferred
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or other language, strongly preferred.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.