Treasury Accountant - Controller's Office
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) is responsible for the finances of the National Academies, with approximately $300 million in annual revenues. OCFO includes Accounting, Budget, Contracts and Grants Accounting, Contracts and Grants Management, Procurement, and Financial Analysis and Reporting. OCFO strives to provide timely and accurate financial information to internal and external customers, with the highest possible levels of customer service.
The Treasury Staff Accountant in the Controller’s Office will use strong financial, accounting, problem solving, analytical and communications skills to process banking-related transactions for the organization’s cash. The Treasury Staff Accountant will also prepare reports relating to cash activity and enter transactions into the financial accounting system. Building relationships with Program Units, technical staff, and other teams will be essential. This role requires the ability to effectively multi-task and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Analyze complex banking and treasury transactions and record a large volume of government and private cash receipts in accordance with the terms of the National Academies' contracts and grants, using the PeopleSoft accounting system.
2. Analyze and reconcile receipts and disbursements on a daily basis.
3. Maintain direct communications with internal customers including program financial management staff regarding various cash receipts for financial reporting purposes.
4. Support internal customers through ad-hoc data collection, reporting, analysis and special projects.
5. Perform general ledger account analysis and reconciliations in preparation for weekly and monthly closes.
6. Provide support to external audits.
7. Assist with resolution of outstanding invoices from past due accounts.
8. This role requires the ability to effectively multi-task and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Good understanding of financial accounting. Proficiency in PeopleSoft is a plus. Experience working with technology, including new software tools and systems implementations; good analytical skills and experience in Microsoft Excel. Ability to solve complex problems that require originality and ingenuity. Experience working in complex environments with a high degree of organizational effectiveness. Ability to work successfully in a team environment and to develop relationships with co-workers and employees at all levels in other departments through effective communication. Must value reliability, possess a strong work ethic, be able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, be pro-active, have a strong attention to detail, and be organized.
If you already have an account created with the Academies, to apply to this position, click “Add to my Jobs” with your login information. If this is your first time applying with the Academies, please click “Apply for this position” below.