Information Security Specialist
GDIT has an exciting opportunity at Quantico; VA for IA skilled individual possessing ISSO or C&A experience. Position offers personal and professional growth in the realm of IA while managing the C&A of both new and legacy systems at both strategic and tactical levels. Individual will work independently and as part of a team to perform Security Systems Engineering; Security System Administration; Process/Procedure Development; Training Development; Security Incident Investigation; Mitigation & Response and Systems Recovery while serving the client's IAS to maintain systems C&A. Initial security clearance requirement is Top Secret however; the position affords a clearance upgrade to SCI; with CI polygraph.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
Experience working and handling evidentiary material is also a plus.
Candidate must be familiar with certification/accreditation of systems
Strong work ethics
Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-contractor team in support of the government.
Must have an active TS clearance and be willing to take and pass a CI Polygraph
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.