Z, INC. is seeking a Multimedia Specialist as a full-time employee with benefits to work onsite at the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Candidate will provide a wide range of technical services to assist EIA’s Office of Communications with multimedia projects, video production and programming work to produce/implement digital videos, podcasts, webinars, audio slide shows, e-learning modules, ebooks/ibooks, etc. for delivery via the web and other emerging platforms and targeted to both external and internal (employee intranet) audiences. U.S. citizenship is required.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Support pre-production, production and post-video production for online content. Utilize computer graphics and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall production concepts. Create custom graphics and animations for multimedia, video, and e-learning products.
- Plans and implements the set-up of video and lighting, shooting, recording audios, and mixing and perform related production activities. Maintain EIA’s video production studio.
- Act as a technical and creative resource assisting staff with video, multimedia, and e-learning production.
- Suggest technology or content ideas to help staff achieve desired outcomes from video and multimedia projects. Works with staff to select or produce “B-roll” footage for inclusion in productions.
- Organize, coordinate, and rehearse talent in coordination with OC management and staff.
- Support video conferencing services to include the operation of the control bridge, maintaining hardware and software or working with hosted service provider, and the coordination of room scheduling and testing.
- Translate audio, video, graphics and digital animation and other digital media content into various distributable formats. Upload video projects to servers and publishes HTML and URL links for digital content distribution.
- Manage digital media data and assets. Monitor storage on servers, ensuring adequate storage and performance. Maintain software and hardware for digital media acquisition, player and editor servers. Create physical backups of stored content on servers and is responsible for keeping records of all content.
- Maintain multimedia-related equipment and software. Provide trouble-shooting and limited maintenance of video, audio, and lighting equipment. Makes recommendations for software and equipment purchases.
- Perform accessibility training and quality assurance.
- Provide training to individuals or small groups in production equipment and methods.
- Coordinate multiple projects with frequently adjusted priorities.
Qualifications, skills & abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or four years of college-level course work in electronic/multi-media production, graphic design, or related area. Relevant experience performing the duties of the job may substitute for the educational requirement.
- At least two years of recent experience creating video content using software such as Adobe Premier and other Adobe products, QuickTime, Soundtrack Pro, Compressor and Mac OSX.
- Expert knowledge of all phases of video and multimedia production, programming, and editing from inception to completion, and skill in modifying or adapting standard practices and procedures.
- At least a limited portfolio of work using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator for graphic design.
- Ability to work with non-technical clients and students and translate content into multimedia products in formats including but not limited to: video, audio, graphics, digital animations, HTML.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to work both independently and as part of a project team, the capacity to quickly learn new skills, and a high amount of technical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a project team.
- Project management experience highly desired.
Z, INC. is a professional services firm located in Silver Spring, MD. Founded in 1983 to provide IT and management consulting services to the Federal Government, we have established a proven track record of reliable performance in the Federal marketplace. Z, INC. has a history of long-term commitment to our Federal customers and our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- Profit sharing/401(k) retirement plan
- Vacation leave, sick leave, holiday leave
- Company paid employee life, short-term disability and AD&D insurance
- Major medical insurance
Apply for Multimedia Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly